The Family Access Network (FAN) and the FAN Foundation celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusiveness and are committed to continually learning and educating in order to create a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive world. We embrace these pillars as a crucial part of our mission to improve lives of children and families in Central Oregon.
- Basic-need services should be available to all children and families without judgement, regardless of circumstances, family history, prior decision making, etc.
- Leadership should encourage the promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion
We realize our values by
- Listening to and learning from the populations we serve
- Providing and maintaining educational opportunities for engagement on the issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Actively building a staff and board whose members have diverse education, backgrounds, cultures, and life experiences
- Revising language/verbiage to reflect a more equitable and inclusive community
- Incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of FAN’s orientation message for new staff and board members